Sunday, June 2, 2019

List Table Fields

I recently needed a way to list all the table fields from an Access database project, so I could export it into Excel and format it for the user's review (just to make sure I covered all the user's requirements). Unfortunately, all I found, looking around for a utility to do it, was a way to print a report showing all the fields. Unless I simply miissed it, I couldn't find one that exports it to Excel for further consumption. So, I decided to create this demo.

This demo is similar to my other "list" demos where you get to browse for the database file and clicking a button will populate a temporary table with all the information gathered from the selected database. You can then export the table's data into Excel, as desired. The only difference with this new version is that it should be able to handle a password-protected file. If the selected file is password protected, the user is presented with a prompt to enter the password.

To download this demo, please click on the image below. As usual, if you have any comments or suggestions for improvements or found any bugs with this demo, please do not hesitate to let me know. I would really appreciate it.

(click on the above image to download the demo file)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment